Monday, March 17, 2008

12 and 13 weeks

Sorry I haven't been very good at updating the blog... I don't even have any new pictures to post...but I do have a few updates :)

We went to the doctor on Friday, March 7th for a regular OB appointment. Peter came with to this one. We heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time! What a miracle! The doctor said it sounded perfect...we agreed!

I am 13 weeks now, and have been told that for a lot of women, this is the week they start feeling better...I'm still waiting for that! I came down with a stomach virus and wasn't able to keep food down...I actually lost 5 pounds between my appointments. My friend took me the doctor on Friday (Thanks, Stacey!), and I had an IV to hydrate me. At one point, there were two nurses, a lab technician, a doctor, and a medical student all trying to find a good vein in my arms (because I was so dehydrated, it was really difficult to find a vein). It sounds like the start of a bad joke, "How many medical professionals does it take to put in an IV?"

I was able to keep some food/water down Friday night and by Saturday night, I was feeling much better! I'm still a bit tired, and still sick in the mornings...but comparatively, I'm feeling great. :)

I'll try to start taking weekly pictures again...I guess I am officially in my second trimester, so my baby belly may make an appearance sooner than later...

In other news, we are still looking for a house--keep us in your prayers! My brother-in-law got a new job in Appleton (Congrats, Kurt!). Erin and Kurt will be moving the end of this month.

May you all have a blessed Easter!

2 comments:

Y-Lime said...

Hey you need to update your blog girl because this is the only time I get to hear from you.

Hilary said...

I updated my blog...your turn!